Old September 27th 05, 06:43 AM
Doug McLaren

In article , larry wrote:

| First.. what are the ratings of the battery ...

The HTX-202 I have had a 6 cell AA 500 mAh NiCd pack, which was long
since dead when I got it. (I then rebuilt it with 1800 mAh NiMH cells
and it works quite nicely.)

That's the stock pack. I don't know about your other pack.

| I have a commercial analyzer so rejuvenating them should not be too much
| trouble...

Depends on what the problem is. At some point the batteries won't
come back, no matter how many cycles you attempt.

Also, if you're on a budget, one of the R/C charger/cyclers will work
very nicely for around $100. And you can go much cheaper than that if
you're willing to improvise ...

| Second.. are the two battery packs opennable?...

Yes.

Actually, most battery packs are openable. The question is how much
prying and cutting you'll have to do to get it open

(In this case, a simple screwdriver will do it. At least it did with
mine, if I recall correctly.)

| I found the manual on a zip file and will soon start to read it....

Yeah, Radio Shack has most of their manuals online.

| Third... there is no antenna..

No biggie. It's a 144-148 mHz radio, so any antenna made for that
band with a BNC connector will work fine. You can even make your own
easily enough by soldering a 1/2 meter wire onto a BNC plug.

--
Doug McLaren, , AD5RH
I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me.