Old September 27th 05, 07:42 AM

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:24:38 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:16:00 GMT, "AMEN" said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Well, you have a point. But I still like his hacksaw idea.

A straight pin through the coax is more subtle - and a lot more
difficult to diagnose.

Har. I have no idea what either of those did, but the second
reminds me of my first job. Our direct boss was as much of a nervous
narvus as I've ever seen. The office, in the early 60s, was wired with
an arrangement whereby his boss could call any one of my boss' four
peers into his office using a buzzer to each of their desks.

We found we could poke a pin into the right cable against the
wall and frequently set his buzzer off. Then he'd go into his boss'
office and get chewed out for being an idiot for showing up when he
hadn't been called.

We also found out that if you leaned back hard enough in one
of the office chairs, it made nearly the same sound.

I suspect the guy could have lived a few extra years if he
didn't have the four of us as his temporary summer messengers a couple
of years running.