Old September 29th 05, 01:56 AM
Michael

I have a remote tuner in my garage, about 100 feet from my shack. The
fluorescent lights flicker in the garage when I transmit with the amplifier
on. I suspect this means there are high voltages in the garage. It still
works. I us the metal interior of the garage for a ground. The steel sheets
that form the interior of the garage are wired together.

Michael W0EZI

"Scott" wrote in message
Nah, RF is good for burning off warts and such

Scott
N0EDV

Dave Platt wrote:

This can lead to
"RF in the shack" problems, and you may need a really good RF ground
for the tuner and rig just to keep RF voltages on the equipment
chassis from being a problem.