Old September 30th 05, 01:07 PM
Howard K0ACF

I live in a 24x56 ft. mobile home with metal roof & sides. a HF6V is mounted
about 6 inch's off the side & about 28 ft. from the end & the matching coil
is stretched out so far that it is like a piece of wire & it works great.
"Rod Maupin" wrote in message
I posted this on the wrong newsgroup a few days ago and no one has
answered, so I'll try here.

I have a Butternut Vertical (as a secondary antenna) and a regular radial
system set up with it. I also have a metal roof on my house (here in the
country in Western Washington). I have been wondering if I can use the
metal roof as the radial system/ground plane for this antenna. Haven't
tried it yet. Would this work or would it detune the antenna?

What do you guys think?

Rod KI7CQ