Old September 30th 05, 06:34 PM
Irv Finkleman

Lee wrote:

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
Lee wrote:

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
==============================
There's almost certainly nothing the matter with it.

You can't expect a small QRP magloop to work as well as a 1/2-wave
vertical with 100 watts.

What makes you think it is not working as well as it ought to? What
have you compared it with?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Hello Reg..
Took your advice and built a magloop......
I`m comparing the magloop to 5watts on a half-size sloping G5RV and i

find
the magloop equivalent to the G5RV on R/X.whilst the magloop is inside

the
house!!!..
I have a friend about a mile away that i chat to who hears me on the

G5RV at
s30+ ......but, not at all on the magloop!!!!......
Why am i not being heard on the magloop???? :-/.

H-E-L-P........

Lee.....G6ZSG.....

You may have the null pointed at him.

Tried that just and got 5x8 with magloop in the house!!!! and only
5watts....

Lee....G6ZSG..

Figured as much. You might want to try the loop in a horizontal configuration
for omnidirectional work. You'll probably find that you can operate it horizontally
just a few inches above the ground although I recommend a couple feet.

Irv VE6BP

--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001