Old October 1st 05, 01:02 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Lee (G6ZSG):
Please do note that I was commenting on a receiving antenna, which is in
need of an antenna mounted amplifier. The amplifier does not have
hard-to-accomplish requirements for gain (20 db is good) or for input
impedance. However, the amplifier does need to have very high IM
performance and at least a high-pass filter to reject signals from the AM
broadcast band.

Using a small, horizontal loop antenna as a transmitting antenna can be
done. As you are finding out, coupling power into the loop is a challenge.

Good luck. 73 Mac N8TT
--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Lee" wrote in message
k...

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
I second what Irv (VE6BP) has suggested. The modeling that I have done

of
small loops (just plain loops, no magnetic materials involved) placed
horizontally (above earth) suggest the same pattern in all directions

with
significant dip towards the zenith - just what one's receiver likes in

order
to receive signals from far away.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
Lee wrote:

I`ll try that Mac and see if it is worth the effort of a much larger
project.... like 10ft square multiband!!.

Thanks Mac & Irv..

Lee....G6ZSG......