Old October 1st 05, 02:42 PM
Lee

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
The intermod performance of a receiving pre-amplifier is of no
consequence with a magloop.

The Q and selectivity (of the order of 1000) of the loop at the wanted
frequency easily reject local high-power MF broadcast frequencies.

On 160m, It's difficult to hear any stations only 3 kHz away from the
wanted frequency.
----
Reg.

Hi Reg....

I took my little 1 meter dia ( 10 ft circ ) loop outside lunchtime and
mounted it verticaly 2ft off the lawn and tested it, not expecting anything
special and found that comparing it to the G5RV that there was no noticable
difference between the two!!...my friend and i switched out our preamps and
attenuator in.

I even turned the loop face on and edge on with a change of 2-3 S points..
So, needless to say, i am rather impressed with the performance and
bandwidth of 2:1 SWR about 180k.....so much so that i am thinking seriously
of going for a 20 ft circumference or larger for 80 and 40 metres....

Regards.

Lee....G6ZSG.....Well impressed!!! :-)