Old October 1st 05, 03:32 PM
Frank Dresser

wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't worry about the BPLosaurus. It's on the verge of extinction.
Too many other kick ass emerging technologies. 60Hz power lines are
just that.

regards,
N9NEO

I don't know what to make of this one. I wasn't really concerned about BPL,
which I figured was doomed right out of the box. But this isn't quite the
same thing. There's no wild claims of reliable widespread community
internet access through miles of radiating power lines. This promises local
networking, within the home. Not just computer networking, but all sorts of
electronic doo-dads might be networked. While I doubt networking adds much
value to a refrigiderator, I can imagine people would love to move their
computers, printers, TV sets, stereo speakers, DVD players and whatever,
wherever they want without having to worry about RCA connectors, F
connectors, parallel port connectors, S video connectors, binding posts, USB
ports or any of the other confusing nonsense. Just plug it in to the
outlet, and it works -- at least, that's the promise.

Will it work? I don't know, but it doesn't have the overambitions of BPL.
The potential market for this one is much larger than BPL's potential
market. And it sure looks like it will cause SW interference on a local
level, even if not on BPL's regional level.

Frank Dresser