Old October 1st 05, 05:16 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Reg (G4FGQ):

I note with interest that your note was written in the early afternoon.

The subject of my communication is: small (much smaller than a
wavelength) - non-resonant (input impedance almost entirely inductive if one
looks into a single opening in the loop) - horizontal - loop antenna (no
substances with significant magnetic properties are in the vicinity of the
loop antenna) - used to receive incident EM waves (which have both E and H
components). SNRHL receiving antennas

I do not know the definition of a "magloop." Apparently, such a beastie
comprises a resonant loop antenna.

No knowledgeable person would disagree that a single tuned network with
a Q of 1000 is "narrow."

My interest in SNRHL receiving antennas comes from an interest in
practical HF receiving antennas that are resistive to types of noise that
appear only to be present at isolated, open, rural, otherwise-low-noise
sites. The noise involved does not occur in urban areas or even rural sites
with many trees.

Consider some of the excellent wine from Michigan this evening. This
state, with a coastline almost the same length as that of the island of
Great Britain, produces some excellent products for your enjoyment.

73 Mac N8TT
--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
The intermod performance of a receiving pre-amplifier is of no
consequence with a magloop.

The Q and selectivity (of the order of 1000) of the loop at the wanted
frequency easily reject local high-power MF broadcast frequencies.

On 160m, It's difficult to hear any stations only 3 kHz away from the
wanted frequency.
----
Reg.