Old October 2nd 05, 02:30 AM
Buther Boy

Howard:

I read the article, and would really appreciate it if you would please
simplify construction AND installation for me. Step by step, where
applicable and if possible.

Many thanks in advance. :-)

Buther Boy

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:13:25 -0700, wrote:

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 20:03:20 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:59:22 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

I'm looking at the MFJ-16010, and want to buy some random wire and do
some antenna experimenting. Could someone please point me to a
link(s) for random wire antennas?

Buther Boy

Also, as I am just getting back into the hobby, I need a refresher of
sorts. What do I need to buy besides the random wire and antenna
tuner. Are there any other supplies that are necessary (besides the
radio LOL)?

Thanks.

Buther Boy

My recommendation is to hold off on the MFJ 'tuner' and first put up
the antenna and see how it plays. As to where to buy; Lowe's, Home
Depot or whatever similar type place will be your best bet for the
wire - suggest #12 or #14 stranded just as you would use to wire your
house. Insulators can be made from wood, use some 3/4 square cut 3 -
5 inches long with a hole drilled in each end then seal it with
several coats of varnish. For more info this article is highly
recommended:
http://www.anarc.org/naswa/badx/ante...e_antenna.html

Good Luck,
Howard

--
Remove the word Spam from my e-mail to contact me...
http://www.PrivacySig.com/SIGbutherb...mail-black.png