Old October 2nd 05, 09:01 AM
Owen Duffy

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 05:47:46 GMT, "Lee"
wrote:

Yes, of course that should have read 2.5 : 1 SWR which is better than my
`loaded` half size G5RV on 80 at about 100kcs 2.5 : 1 SWR.......

What is a "'loaded' half size G5RV"?

Googling for info, I see a few suppliers with loading coils for a half
size G5RV (complete with instructions), but could not find an article
with physical dimensions and loading coil characteristics.

Is this a "proprietary" antenna, not open to independent analysis.

In its "normal" mode, a (full size) G5RV has feed system losses on
160m like cricket scores. Intuition suggests that a half-size G5RV
(where everything is scaled to 50%) will have similarly appalling
performance on 80m.

Has anyone seen details of the loading coils for this "loaded
half-sized G5RV', or models of its performance?

Owen