Old October 2nd 05, 06:59 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"TOM" wrote in message

Dan/W4NTI wrote in message
ink.net...
Gee TOM....do you think you had problem on the "National Simplex

Frequency"
of 146.52 because you are NOT SUPPOSED TO USE IT for contesting?

Just a thought.

Dan/W4NTI

Thanks Dan... I was wrong it appears... I checked the FD rules and found
this item at the end of the list:

[snip]
9. Miscellaneous:

9.3. Remember that the national simplex FM calling frequency of 146.52 MHz
should not be used for making Field Day contacts.
[snip]

It does raise an interesting question... there was nobody to hear my FD
calls on 52? It appears that the National Simplex Calling Frequency
wasn't
monitored that day through a large portion of state. There was nobody to
say, "Hey fellow, no FD on 52!" Perhaps my FD calls on 52 really did
reveal
an inadequacy of amateur emergency communications---at least in this
state.

Could be TOM. I get similar results here on 2 meters. We have THREE MAJOR
repeators (As in high up). With hardly any activity on them. Forget
simplex.

Dan/W4NTI