Old October 2nd 05, 09:20 PM
Dr.Ace

Field Day 2005 Rules
9. Miscellaneous:

9.3. Remember that the national simplex FM calling frequency of 146.52 MHz
should not be used for making Field Day contacts.

http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2...s-fd-2005.html

Ace - WH2T

"TOM" wrote in message
I thought I might share a couple of observations I've made regarding the
Amateur Service; the situation in other locations may differ.

Based upon my adventures last year in Florida when we got pounded by three
hurricanes I was interested in finding out the utility of my Ham two meter
transceiver by taking advantage of Field Day (simulated emergency test) in
June. I raised a collinear with an advertised gain of 7 dB to thirty feet
and powered my transceiver with a deep cycle battery. Operating on the
'National Simplex Calling Frequency' 146.52 MHz with 75 watts output power
attempted to find out how many stations I could contact and the extent of
my
operating range during the test. From my numerous calls I was able to
contact NO ONE! Not one person responded to my Field Day calls throughout
the day and I heard NO ONE calling Field Day! Not one Ham could I find
operating Field Day on the two meter National Simplex Calling Frequency!