Old October 2nd 05, 11:34 PM
Dave VanHorn

Have you looked at the collinear antenna on the web written by "Brian

Oblivious"?

No, I googled on it but didn't hit anything.

He cuts the coax into equal lengths 1/2 wave each.

The articles I have seen are 1/2 wave * the velocity factor.

Each one connecting center to shield.

I can't picture how the elements all end up resonant, and in phase.

Seems like one of those can't be true.

And that

1/2 wavelength accounts for the velocity of propagation inside the coax.

So, each length is somewhat shorter than the free space halfwave It shows

how he connected lengths of coax to make a collinear array. In my opinion,

that would be a waste of that good coax you have.

Why? It's nice rigid coax, and takes that sort of soldering well.