Old October 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Richard Harrison

Sonnich Jenson wrote:
"I`d like to listen to Danish Radio PS, on 1062 Medium wave."

A loop antenna is a good start for better signal to noise in a fixed
location.

The 3rd edition of Kraus` "Antennas" says on page 217:
"The radiation efficiency of a multiturn loop or coil antenna can be
increased by introducing a ferrite rod into the coil as in Fig 7-18."

My Telefunken Opus table radio has such a tuned horizontal ferrite loop
stick to receive vertically polarized waves. Its azimuth is rotatable by
a knob on the front panel for best reception.

External loops are available from many sources for use with your radio.
If one of these is wired to your antenna terminals, only the position of
the external loop need e changed for best reception.

For suppressing mobile noise, consult an expert such as A.A. Ghirardi.

Automobiles now come with fair radio noise suppression, but may have
defects. The car`s engine compartment should be a continuous conductive
shell which traps noise within. All conductors penetrating this shell
must be grounded or they must be bypassed to ground (the car body) with
caopacitors.

Your problem is weak signal and powerful noise. Good luck!

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI