Old October 3rd 05, 03:29 PM
John Ferrell

I cannot back it up with numbers but as I recall (with a fixed number
of elements) better results were achieved with a phasing harness. I
have always suspected that the elements closer to the source were
contributing the most. It sounds like a question that might be easily
answered by modeling.

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:19:57 -0400, Amos Keag
wrote:

Yep!! VArious version of 'Curtains' use the technique. The Sterba
Curtain comes to mind.

Jim Richardson wrote:
As I understand it,a colinear antenna, is a series of half wave
elements, that are phase reversed (if that make sense) from one to the
next.

Could you build a colinear of a single long line, bending it outa nd
back, at 90deg, every half wave, with the bit sticking out (and back)
being a half wave total out and back? would that result in the same
effect as a colinear?

something like this.