Old October 3rd 05, 07:16 PM
Brian Kelly

Jerry Martes wrote:
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message

.. . . .

Brian

Have you considered building your own coax relays? It is fairly easy to
construct a SPST coax relay with glass enclosed tube shaped reed relays.
Their performance may be acceptable to you, maybe not.

I don't worry much about coax feedline impedance bumps at HF
frequencies.

But I have built my
own coax relays from regular relays and have gotten adequate performance.

I've done that a number of times with $5 Potter & Brumfield open frame
relays and never had a problem. In 50 ohm circuits. My big concern is
switching HF kilovolts with $5 relays which is a whole different
problem.

Tnx

Jerry

w3rv