Old October 3rd 05, 08:24 PM
Brian Kelly

Cecil Moore wrote:
Brian Kelly wrote:
OhYeah, that's what I've been looking for. Tnx Cecil! I Googled 'em and
landed on the Mouser web page which lists the Omron LYs. They're good
for 10-15 amps @ 2 kV AC and for only $6-7 each. Should work fine
although I'd like to have higher voltage ratings. Not much to lose by
trying a couple of them to find out if they arc in the 110% humidity we
occasionally get around here.

The LYs are designed to minimize humidity problems. The
air gap is replaced by some sort of plastic separator.

Neat. Even if they do arc the barrier could always be replaced with a
bigger and better homebrewed barrier. Off to the relay store and pass
the epoxy . .

--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

w3rv