Old October 3rd 05, 09:35 PM
Ari Silversteinn

On 2005-10-02, Ari Silversteinn wrote:
This would be an "overbroadcast" (my term)
in that it would override local AM radio broadcasting to reach into cars,

My experience with AM (on the aircraft band) is that two transmitters
at the same time yields a horrible squeal and nothing else. The louder
station (usually on the ground with hundreds of watts) has no particular
advantage over the other station (usually in the air with 5-10 watts).
In other words, there is no effect like FM capture.

Are you saying that if I am attempting an overbroadcast on, say, 680 AM and
the station is doing the same, and I am 12 db + greater, that all we will
get is squeal?
--
Drop the alphabet for email