Old October 4th 05, 01:17 AM
Bob Bob

Mmm okay, well considering the rest of the feedline is RG58 I guess the
matching section has less loss per unit length! grin (The Q section is
3 point something metres long - 1/4 wave at 0.66 vf)

I havent been playing with HF that long. I must admit though that I tend
to ignore the losses that I would worry a lot about at VHF/UHF.

Oh BTW I tried one of your pgms under Linux Wine the other day. Dies
with some kind of DOS memory alloc error or something. I'll make a note
of it next time and do a little research if your interested.

Cheers Bob

Reg Edwards wrote:

Yes, that works OK. You have acheived your objective.

My only comment is that the inner coaxial conductors are very thin and
depending on length they may be a little lossy. You could use a
twisted pair of thicker wires insulated with thin plastic which would
have approximately the same 100-ohm impedance. The actual impedance is
not very critical.

This would also eliminate stray capacitance of the coax outer
conductors to their surroundings. Although that is not likely to
cause much trouble anyway.
----
Reg.