Old October 4th 05, 09:04 PM
Jim Richardson

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:17:36 -0500,
Bob Bob wrote:
Mmm okay, well considering the rest of the feedline is RG58 I guess the
matching section has less loss per unit length! grin (The Q section is
3 point something metres long - 1/4 wave at 0.66 vf)

I havent been playing with HF that long. I must admit though that I tend
to ignore the losses that I would worry a lot about at VHF/UHF.

Oh BTW I tried one of your pgms under Linux Wine the other day. Dies
with some kind of DOS memory alloc error or something. I'll make a note
of it next time and do a little research if your interested.

Cheers Bob

try dosemu instead. Wine won't work well with programs that try to
directly access memory via INTs and such.

http://www.dosemu.org/

Also, there's freedos, but I haven't used that seriously.

Step by step, day by day, machine by machine, the penguins march forward.