Old October 5th 05, 03:27 PM
Reg Edwards

Reg, I think you're tilting at windmills.

=======================================
Dave,

First I am called Punchinello, and now Don Quixote is implied.

Yet you have repeatedly said "Reg is correct".

The only thing I have ever asked is to change the NAME.

It is the NAME itself which causes ill-educated IEEE members and
befuddled university professors to become old wives. They are

reduced
to CB-ers who perhaps can be forgiven for being fooled just by a

NAME.
They actually believe the thing measures SWR on a line which does

not
exist. Or they find a line which does exist but on which it is
impossible for the thing to measure anything because it is located

in
the wrong place. Their contorted imaginations somehow allow them to
argue interminably between themselves but without ever coming to
sensible conclusions on which they can agree. The evidence of

battles
about waves, reflections, re-reflections, virtual reflections,
conjugate matches, etc, etc, is littered around these newsgroups.

And
it's all due to a misnomer.

Just change the name of the so-called SWR meter and 50 years of

bitter
warfare will revert once again to blessed peace and an understanding
of how things really work. Sack your lawyers.

Reg, G4FGQ

Now, after several days of silence except for larks in the cloudless,
azure blue sky, all appears to be "Quiet on the Western Front".

Let the blood-red poppies bloom in memory.
----
Reg.