Old October 6th 05, 05:18 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article , TRABEM
says...

Has anyone tried Masterbonds conductive epoxy for attaching SMT
components to a printed circuit board?

Seems like a great idea, especially if it works well::

Not really. Consider the angle of serviceability. It's easy enough
to use a 'HoTweezer' station to replace a bad chip component secured
with solder. It's darn near impossible to replace the same component if
secured with Epoxy.

Also, I'm not convinced that "conductive" Epoxy really is. I'd
want to see some real numbers on resistance per cm/squared on the stuff
before I even consider it for any sort of repair work.

Any job worth doing is worth doing right. If you're trying to
attach surface-mount components, invest in the proper
soldering/desoldering equipment instead of looking for impractical
shortcuts. It may cost more at the get-go, but it'll cost a lot less in
the long run.

Keep the peace(es).

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"