Old October 7th 05, 10:38 AM
K4YZ

nobodys_old_friend wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:
"nobodys_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
"John Johnston" wrote in
message

stating that K1MAN has knowingly violated the rules could be considered
slander. Indeed it is my impression that he does not see the rules the
same way as say you do, and in some of the cases he may have a point

My comments are based on the various warnings, inspections, and other
run-ins with the FCC that Baxter has had. It certainly gives the impression
that he chooses to see how far he can push the FCC.

well even if your revised stament is true that is different than saying
he has knowingly violated the rules

It's not slander.

Baxter has been KNOWINGLY violating FCC rules and regulations for
years. HE has said as much. He's said so in public, in print and on
the air.

the later is slander without knowledge neither of us has

Baxter said it. He's brazenly invited conflict with the FCC. He
got what he asked for. Now he's in hac with the FCC for thousands of
dollars, and my bet's on the FCC not backing off this time.

He could have asked the FCC for an opinion on the things he wanted to do
before he did them rather than taking an approach that appears
confrontational.

he could choosen to do so

he is not required to

Sure he is.

EVERY FCC licensee, regardless of what service they are in, is
REQUIRED by law to ensure that they are operating thier station in
accordance with the rules of their particular service.

No one, in ANY radio service, is (legally) permitted to do what
they want then ask later, with the sole exception of true
life-threatening situations.

he has the right to choose to be confrontational, if he chooses

No, he does not.

He DOES have the right to PROTEST that which he considers unfair
and he DOES have the right to seek redress. Both are guarantees of the
Constitution.

again with your appearant efforts to deny that others have the right to
exercise their rights

"apparent"

What IS apparent, Mark, is your inadequate English comprehension
skills.

He has NO right to wantonly violate published rules and
regulations which he has agreed to abide by as condition of licensure.
And it's not as if he's a "newbie" operator.

If you are turely not going to "converse with me" then don't, but don't
complain when you chose to do so

"truly"

No one converses "WITH" you, Mark...It's more like wading through
the mire trying to find the occassional pearl stuck between your
toes...Only there's no pearls.

Steve, K4YZ