Old October 8th 05, 12:04 PM
FredSmith

While looking for some information on this cable, I ran across this
web site. http://home.hvc.rr.com/bpetrow

About halfway down the page he has some info in a zip file. It may be
worth looking http://home.hvc.rr.com/bpetrow/GRE_Cables.ZIP

73 FS

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:18:29 -0400, "Fred W4JLE"
wrote:

I wanted to use Ham Radio Deluxe with my Icom radio. It requires an CI-V
interface. Being the cheapskate that I am, I checked the internet for "roll
your own" information.

What I found looked really familiar, turns out it is identical to an
interface I built to program my Radio Shack Pro 95 scanner. Plugged it in
and it worked just great.

This means you can purchase a RadioShack 20-289 cable for $24.99 and replace
the high dollar CI-V if you choose not to build your own.