Old October 8th 05, 04:09 PM
Bob Bob

Hi Lee

Two thoughts

Re stepper motors. You can often find them in old junked scanners. A
nice cheap source. If you are feeling really cheap the interface can
intially be a simple TTL counter cct and some pass transistors. I once
used one off my PC parallel port for an EzAl antenna system.

Also look at the possibility of using a piston capacitor and driving
that with a threaded bar connected to your motor. This may still be a
little fast though. You might also get away with a long lever and
threaded bar arrangement if turning a standard rotary capacitor. Kind of
limits you to something less than 180 degrees tho.

A car windscreen wiper motor is another possibility also through a
threaded bar. (Overkill on the torque tho)

Cheers Bob Vk2YQA

Lee wrote:
"Richard Clark" wrote in message

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:26:31 GMT, "Lee"
wrote:

Seriously, any ideas to slow the tuning rate will be most welcome .