Old October 9th 05, 06:38 AM
Lee

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:26:31 GMT, "Lee"
wrote:

To continue the saga......

snip

Assuming it is a permag motor, reduce the motor voltage... add a
current limited driver to limit the torque, an electronic shear pin if
you like... except it doesn't shear.

Yes, good idea......i`ll look into that.

I am assuming that you are trying to tune the reactance out, to
achieve an acceptable VSWR on the line to the ATU/transceiver

An ATU does not work too well with a magloop as the magloop has its own
tuning capacitor (ATU) built in all that happens is that the antenna and
feed are tuned as one....unless i misunderstand your comment!!!.

.. Have
you considered automating the capacitor drive. You could build a phase
detector (between V and I at the antenna input) as a sensor to control
the motor drive.

Yes, but that is a bit too involved when pulse width modulation will do the
job, albeit, manually.....good thought tho`......

Thanks for the input ....

Lee.........G6ZSG.....

Owen