Old September 26th 04, 08:07 PM
N2EY

In article , radiorob
writes:

EICO 720 Transmitter. The Transmitter is in Nice Condition both
Physically and Electrically...a Real Cool Looking little Rig!!
I do not have the Manual for this yet.....so don't know much about
it...except that it's supposed to be 90 Watts CW and AM????
Has anyone out there got one of these...or have you ever used one??? I
would appreciate any comments on the Rig either Good Bad or Ugly!!

The 720 has a good reputation.

Is it possible to hook a Microphone directly to the Rig???

No.

I see there
is a Plug on the Back of the Transmitter that says "Modulator"......Do
I need something in between the Mic and the Transmitter...or can a
Mic just be wired to that plug and away we go???

The 720, IIRC, is a CW-only rig when used by itself. It requires an external
modulator capable of about 45-50 watts of audio in order to run AM. Eico maded
the model 730 modulator to match the 720 transmitter, and provide
plate-modulated AM.

Hooking a microphone to the 720 modulator socket will simply destroy the
microphone.

73 de Jim, N2EY