Old October 9th 05, 12:35 PM
Reg Edwards

There was an article in RadCom some years ago describing an

auto-tuning
Top Band vertical, which used a simple inline phase detector and a
little DC tuning motor.

==================================
Ian,

A magloop is an altogether different kettle of fish to a top-band
vertical. For a start, the Q of a magloop is in the order of 1000.
For a top-band vertical it may be about 50. For most antennas it is
about 10.

What I would like to know is has anybody ever made an automatic tuner
which works with a magloop. Or has manufactured one for sale?

By the way, thanks for the Teslar papers although I am unable to run
the programs.
----
Reg.