Old October 9th 05, 11:00 PM
Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Just saw this post, Clarence, and jumped to it since you discovered a
misstatement. At all times, I want to be as accurate and
authoritative as possible. When it turns out wrong, the mistake needs
to be ballyhooed.

First, naturally I spelled what I wanted to say wrong. Suedo is, of
course, spelled correctly, pseudo. It is in Black's, meaning "false."
So far, so good, but here's where I get into trouble. Podia is
apparently a biological term meaning feet. My notion that podia meant
position is wrong. If it means feet, then my usage needs a further
explanation lest anyone think I'm phony.

Much of my legal education came from my Father, born in 1898, deceased
in 1988. He grew up on Latin and the common law. Psuedo podia is a
term he used and I imitated, assuming its meaning as false position.

I find it nowhere current in relation to the law. But it isn't unusual
that Dad used terms grounded in an earlier era that are no longer used.
Yet no longer in Black's is hard to fathom. Another word he taught
was demurrer, a legal term no longer used but very much in Black's.

And so, I misused a term, and this reply is to set the record straight.
Clarence, thanks for your astute follow-up.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX