Old October 10th 05, 03:17 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote

I would like to see some leadership realizing that driving single digit
fuel millage SUV's is an unpatriotic act, that building under insulated
McMansions that take immense amounts of energy to heat is an unpatriotic
act.

Naaaah. Those who drive the SUVs are being bitten in the wallet.

Sure. But they are also using up a critical strategic resource, contributing
to the imbalance of trade, and other things like that. Some patriots.

Patriotic? Unpatriotic?

Don't look now, but economics pretty much went global about 50 years ago.
"Patriotism" has didly-squat to do with it.

I'm not talking about overall economics, Hans. I'm talking about the US
importing a large percentage of its oil needs.

If you had to choose between fuel for some Escalade luvvin momma, and
the fuel for say our military to train with, who would ya choose?

Look at the big picture. While it is always nice to have both the jet
and the soccer mom accommodated, since many of the people we import oil
from are not the closest allies, the day will come when we have to choose.

- Mike KB3EIA -