Old October 10th 05, 02:36 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
Cecil, while you are tuning your screwdriver, which is not a magloop,
phase and magnitude does not enter your head. Forget all about it!

Watching the SWR meter while tuning my screwdriver while driving
had always bothered me. I first installed an audio VCO so I
wouldn't have to watch the SWR meter. Next I installed a flip-flop
so I only had to get the screwdriver started in the right direction
and didn't have to hold down the toggle switch. When the SWR starts
dropping, an LM-339 shuts off power to the screwdriver motor. And
it's all done while my IC-706 is in reduced power tune mode.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp