Old October 11th 05, 01:59 AM
David Eduardo

"Steve Sobol" wrote in message

*shrug* In my opinion, a lot of the stuff Jill FM plays is junk. I
actually
took them off my cars' radio buttons (had a button set in each car)

I thought "Jill FM" would be all-female singers....

The few times I've heard it, it's mostly Michael Bolton, Barry Manilow,
that type of thing....

That's certainly one interpretation. Mine was "music targeted towards
women," and since their target market was probably already women in the
25-54 age bracket anyhow, it was just a question of advertising that they
were targeting that market via their name change, and the addition of a
bunch of songs to their playlist.

Maybe I'll listen again sometime - KELT-FM broadcasts throughout the
Victor
Valley and is well within listening range of my home - but... probably
not.
Especially since they still don't seem to want to have any presence in
this area or in Orange County. They are still a Los Angeles rimshot
serving
Ventura County and the San Fernando Valley; they just happen to have a
couple repeaters.

They are 3 class A FMs, with one smack dab in the middle of the OC (Fountain
Valley), another in Ventura County (with essentially no city grade in the
San Fernando Valley), and the crippled high desert station that they moved
as far out as they could so that the former Avalon station could move to
Orange County. There are no repeaters.