Old October 12th 05, 01:22 PM
William E. Sabin

Get a copy of Amidon's catalog which gives detailed suggestions for powdered
iron and ferrite materials, based on many years of experience.
www.amidoncorp.com

Bill W0IYH

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Im confused regarding the choice of iron powder toroid for a 7Mhz high
pass
filter. I need to use a small size (T68) toroid. For the freq range, some
reference texts say T68-2 is the one, others say T68-6" grade. I see
differing "best Q range" specs for the 6
grade.....2-30Mhz......10-50Mhz...etc.
Have similar need for 20Mhz LPF, but assume "6" is really the choice
there.
Any suggestions as to the relative differences and reasons to choose
between
grades 2 and 6 for the HPF in T68 size?
Thanks,
JEFF