Old October 13th 05, 11:23 AM
Michael A. Terrell

UPS has been OK with me, except when you haver to talk to them
on the phone. In one case, they kept calling back to my house. I had
received one of their calls there while home for a doctor's
appointment and told them not to call there again. No such luck. Then
you can never talk to the same idiot twice. They introduce themselves
as "account executives", but these cheap-ass "executives" can't accept
an incoming call -- you get the luck of the draw from whatever
connects them.

Then the dorks go tappity-tap on their keyboards as you
describe the problem, but the info never gets to the next dork you
talk to -- it's a brand new day and you have to explain the whole
damned thing again.

Last year, a friend was getting DSL and the equipment was
UPSed to her. On delivry day, she looked at the website during the day
(Friday). Late in the day, it was recorded as "no such address". She
lives on a short stub (three houses worth) of a street which had a
section removed for a throughway -- twenty years ago -- and half the
time, they still lose it.

We then told them to deliver it instead to the UPS facility
near where she worked -- on Monday, so she could pck it up at lunch
time. I did that part for her. The wackos said they had to deliver to
an address. I asked why they didn't know the address of their own
facility ten miles north. So they changed their story to they couldn't
just send it to another facility -- it had to be a house or business
address. Since she had just started a new job and didn't want it
coming to work on her third day there, I told them to just divert it
to my address 25 miles farther north. They agreed to do that.

In the end, I went to her place to accept a completely
different furniture shipment (real trucking company for this one) on
Monday. When I arrived, the UPS package was sitting on her doorstep.
To hell with any instructions UPS had agreed to.

Thirty of those bozos would have a cumulative IQ of fifteen.

I had the USPS return a package to the sender for "No such address".
My shop was directly across the street from the post office. It was all
you could see when you looked out their front windows, yet they couldn't
find it. UPS would leave my stuff at the wrong door, so if i was
expecting anything I had to check quite often to make sure someone
didn't walk off with it.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell