Old October 13th 05, 03:15 PM
Simon

Hi

Can any US readers of this thread explain why Fedex or UPS is so
popular compared with the much cheaper US Mail?

Here in Australia Fedex and UPS offer a service, but few private
individuals would consider using them due to high costs and the
inconvenience when delivery is a problem if people are away at work.
With normal post, we have post offices in all suburbs where
undelivered mail can conveniently be picked up or items posted.

I have never had loss or damage problems with ordinary mail to and
from the US.

Simon

On 12 Oct 2005 10:23:59 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

wrote:

I have been using Fedex Ground and Home delivery for some time now after
discovering the same thing you posted here.

Agreed.

Let me also say that, from my experience, UPS and FedEx Ground break things
at about the same rate. But when FedEx damages something, they promptly
inspect it and pay out without a fuss, while UPS will do almost anything to
avoid paying insurance claims. Admittedly I have had only three UPS issues,
but all were nightmares.
--scott