Old October 13th 05, 03:40 PM
Scott Dorsey

Simon wrote:
Can any US readers of this thread explain why Fedex or UPS is so
popular compared with the much cheaper US Mail?

Because for packages over about two pounds, US Mail is much more
expensive than the package companies. For light packages, just a
couple resistors or a tube, the postal service is usually a better choice.

For international stuff, I don't know. And I will say that the postal
service is not very good at paying up on their insurance claims either.
--scott