Old October 13th 05, 07:57 PM
Jim Kelley

Cecil Moore wrote:

Z0 didn't change. The load didn't change. Therefore, the
SWR didn't change. What exactly do you think changed?

I think the circuit changed. Don't you? I also think that if you
change the circuit, it's possible to measure the effect of that change.
The meter measures what takes place at its insertion point in the
circuit. What you seem to be upset about is that it might not in every
case accurately display the conditions at some arbitrary position away
from its insertion point. Like within a shorted quarterwave stub for
example. Are you still unwilling to accept that the meter itself can
present a perturbation?

ac6xg