Old October 13th 05, 10:23 PM
Ron

Dave Heil wrote:
David Stinson wrote:

hinkeydo wrote:
.... seems the guys in the

warehouse love to kick the hell out of boxes like that.

I'll never understand the Union attitude:
"Lets see how much damage we can do to the company
that puts bread in our mouths and clothes on our kids."

I've never noted anything like that.

Our UPS guy has been on the same route for over twenty years. He even
brings dog buscuits the dogs on his route. He is friendly and
courteous. For outbound shipments, I take UPS items to Staples.

One FedEx shipment for me was delivered to a neighbor who lives on a
different road, a half-mile away. Airborne Express brought a fragile
e-bay purchase during a snow. Rather than driving up my drive (which I'd
done with a front wheel drive automobile, the guy placed the parcel atop
my postal mailbox alongside the road where it could have toppled to the
pavement or have been easily stolen by anyone.

Dave Heil K8MN

Yes different parts of the country are quite different. I gave up on
UPS years ago because it was just to hard to ship a package with them.
I live in Phx and the nearest Depot was 15 miles away. From experience
on the receiving end thought I have had packages arrive in very poor
condition plus have had packages delivered to the wrong address. I have
shipped some items via FedX put from friend experiences collecting
insurance on an antiques or old boatanchors is very hard. If an item is
extremely height it will go FedX. Being I do not ship all that much but
more than the most people I find shipping via the USPO the easiest and
most friendly. There Priority boxes and Flat rate Box services can not
be beat. If I was a business then I expect I would be using UPS and FedX.

Back to boxing for my next run to the USPO,
Ron WA0KDS