Old October 14th 05, 06:52 AM
Riley

Postal US now has flat rate boxes priority mail,
$ 7.85 for up to 70 lbx, check it out http://www.usps.com
priority mail flat rate.

UPS, FedEx and DHL offer insurance $ 100 value included in the rates
and are reasonable for more expensive items to insure.

Yes, the insurance at ups is to insure they do not pay the claims.

Postal US mail is more expensive to insure.

OTOH, I get shipments from aes in milwaukee just fine,
fair radio (super pack jobs at fair prices) also.
Those overcharger on ebay shoud take a lesson in packaging from fair radio !

Only had on problem with ups, they did not get signature and I paid for it,
so I called to get them to credit me for the fee and they sent the driver
out the next day to get a signature. what a joke, I protested the fee
on my amex card and they had to refund it. Signature at delivery,
not after delivery.

UPS and Fedex counter people are great in my area.