Old October 14th 05, 02:23 PM
PowerHouse Communications

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
news
Airborne Express brought a fragile
e-bay purchase during a snow. Rather than driving up my drive (which I'd
done with a front wheel drive automobile, the guy placed the parcel atop
my postal mailbox alongside the road where it could have toppled to the
pavement or have been easily stolen by anyone.

I had a nice experience with AE once, and only once. It's the one and only
time I ever received anything through them. Great record in my book, (0 for
1)...

Received an eBay package. Not too big of a deal, wasn't worth much, but
they delivered it to the wrong address. Was delivered to the neighbor
across the street, on a Friday. They were gone all weekend, so it didn't
get to me until Monday. Worst part, it was on their doorstep, wasn't put in
the porch, and it rained the entire weekend. Box and contents were so
saturated with water, the neighbor barely go it to me without it completely
falling apart...

Worse yet, the label was made out to the proper address, their tracking site
indicated the proper address, but when the driver logged the delivery, he
even indicated that it was delivered to the wrong address. He wrote the
address he dropped it at, instead of the my address; how blind can you be?!

If only the shipper would have given me the tracking info, I could have gone
across the street and gotten it myself before it got too wet, but they were
apparently too lazy to email it to me, so I didn't find out until after I
got the package from the neighbor and looked up the tracking info online.