Old October 14th 05, 10:52 PM
Bill Sohl

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill Sohl wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

My purpose of the continually-running "scorecard" is just to get
some visibility into the "amateur community's" opinions on the
code test...unbiased by local groups' opinions on morsemanship
as either vital or neccessary in amateur radio. Think of it as
a poll of opinions by those that care to Comment, visible to ALL.

That's nice, Len.

But with all due respect, how do we know your scorecard is accurate?

Because he sez it is.

Why should that be good enough, Bill?
Nobody is checking Len's work.

I will repeat...if you feel there is an error or fraud,
do your own analysis.
In the beginning I started my own tally but since my results were
tracking closly with Len's and due to an upcoming month long
vacation I was leaving for, I stopped.

There's no detailed results, just a couple of numbers. KC8EPO made a
detailed listing that was available to all - Len hasn't done anything
like that. He demands that others 'SHOW THEIR WORK' but
doesn't show his.

Given the numbers that have been tallied so far, even a margin of
error of 5% misanalyzed would not result in a majority in favor
of keeping morse.

He has a demonstrated record of mistakes here, and an extreme
resistance to any corrections.

Yet you have shown no mistakes or errors because (IMHO)
you don't want to do the work.

He's accused others of 'fraud' and 'massaged numbers' with no
evidence at all, except that his opinion was different.

Feel free then to challenege his numbers in your comments or
reply comments to the FCC.

He's also clearly not an unbiased observer.

Nor are you or I :-) :-)
Why don't you pay for an independent audit.

Yet everyone should accept what he says as
fact even though he doesn't accept what others
say if it contradicts his opinions?

Then don't accept his numbers...do your own.

Jim, in all honesty, if you doubt the
accuracy of Len's reports, please go thru the 2500+
comments and give us a readout of your own analysis.

Suppose I did, and came up with different results
than Len.

It would depend on how different. For now, as I said above,
even if the numbers were deliberately misrepresented by
5% the "majority" would still favor complete and total
code testing removal.

Do you think he'd accept my scorecard as
accurate because I say it is?

Unless you do your own tally, it's only
conjecture.

Or would his reaction be somewhat different?

Any speculation on a reaction isn't worth my time to
consider.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK