Old October 15th 05, 06:13 AM
Bill

Chuck Harris wrote:

Bill wrote:

Ya wanna know my gripe with both of them?

I live in Puerto Rico USA

It is an interesting gripe. The Postal service is US government
subsidized, UPS and FedEX are private companies. Why should they
charge you anything other than what it costs them to service your
location? They charge everyone else a rate that is graduated based
on distance traveled.

-Chuck

In fairness there are actually import 'technicalities' for shipping
certain items to PR and implications of the local tax structure, not
unlike the Canadian scenario. Not that they do a good job with the
Canadian market either. But UPS/Fedex/etc simply refuse to equally
service this market of 4 million US people and the sellers/vendors that
have obliged themselves to shipping ONLY via UPS/Fedex wind up refusing
our patronage.
I can't imagine them (or the affected vendors) telling everyone in say,
the Toronto market, that "sorry, we don't serve that area" but thats the
case here and I know Alaska and Hawaii suffer much of the same.
Kinda screwy but thats why its MY gripe! The thieving bandits at USPS
work great for me...who needs those others? USPS will get a package to
me from NY as cheap as it will get it to California, and often, quicker.

-Bill