Old September 16th 03, 02:38 AM
Roy Lewallen

Sorry I can't help with a specific recommendation. There are numerous
coatings available for EMI suppression, in spray form to be applied to
the insides of plastic enclosures. Various conductive materials are
offered at, I'm sure, a variety of prices. Unfortunately, I've let my
subscriptions to EMC trade publications lapse, so I don't have any up to
date ads to check. But you might try a web search for "conductive
coating", maybe with "EMI" or "EMC". It should turn up some possibilities.

I don't think most of these coatings are intended to be exposed to
weather, and they might not stick well to materials other than
thermoplastics. So without knowing your application, I don't know if
they'd be suitable. It's a place to start, though.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Sean wrote:
Anybody know of an easy to apply, low cost conductive paint ? I've been
able to find quite a few products that will work, but the costs involved are
VERY high for anything above a very small quantity. I've got a project i'm
working on that may require the use of a few gallons of this type of
product. Any and all help appreciated. Sean