Old October 10th 04, 05:31 PM
RadioGuy

David:

Congratulations... you are the first person I have met that knows the
correct answer to the question.

The XM-108 was the transformer that Fair Radio Sales used in a power
supply/speaker kit for the Command Sets. Sometime in the 80's Fair seemed
to have dropped them from their catalog.

BTW... I have a Command Set transmitter that is still in the sealed,
unopened factory carton. I like to make the claim that its the only one
left in the world in that condition, but then, it wouldn't surprise me if
some fellow pipes up that he has a warehouse full of them in the same
condition.

RG

David Stinson wrote in message

RadioGuy wrote:

Rarer still are the units covering 9-13.5 mc - 46 sets, 13.5-20 mc and

20-27
mc only 150 sets built.

Updated figures: We now believe only 50 each of the four models
of RAT and RAT-1 were produced, making 100 RAT and 100 RAT-1.
A far as is known, less than ten of each model have survived.
Better than the RAVs, of which only two or perhaps three
are known to be in private hands.

( MY CHALLENGE TO THE COMMAND SET COLLECTOR;
WHO KNOWS WHAT AN XM-108 IS?).

Are you talking about the transformer Fair Radio used
to sell as part of a Command Set power supply kit?