Old October 1st 05, 07:18 AM
Al Klein

Default 10-codes losing popularity

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 01:00:11 -0500, "M." said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Not to mention how many multi-jurisdictional incidents has he worked?

Or how many years has he spent communicating with more than one agency
(and more than one set of codes) on a daily basis?

Sounds like all hat and no cattle, as we say here in the southwest. A GOOD
dispatcher adapts to the circumstances. If you can't handle changing
circumstances, let somebody who can do the job.

Yep. I tell my wife about the bad accident with a few seriously
injured people (even though she's picked up most of the codes by now,
just hearing me on the cell phone), my OTJ friends in the city about
the bad 10-53/54 and my friends out here about the 10-10 with SPI. And
if I have to talk to a fire department dispatcher I speak English.

Come on - we have 5 year old kids who are multi-lingual. Adults can't
speak more than one "language"?

Been there, done that!

The 'gummint should leave the decisions to the people who actually do
the job. At least in this case they finally got it right. Someone
must have been on vacation.

A former PD dispatcher

"Bloody fingers" like mine.