Old October 2nd 05, 11:48 PM
apollo2011

Default Pro-94 Functioning Properly?

I just bought a Radio Shack Pro 94 scanner off eBay. I got it, started
playing around with it, and everything worked. Now that I have had it
for a week, I am beginning to wonder if it really works as well as it
should. I haven't yet picked up any police conversations enough to
verify what town they were in. It seems to pick up the Weather station
reasonable well. I don't really live in the center of town, although
that shouldn't explain the lack of police radio coverage where I am, so
I took it in to the center of town near the police department and I
started picking up more talk on the Police band, but nothing was
received without a fair amount of static and breakups in the words.

I am just curious as to whether or not it is fucntioning well and how I
can test it to see if it does have a problem.