Old October 4th 05, 12:21 AM

Default 10-codes losing popularity

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:49:49 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 06:55:59 GMT, said in
rec.radio.scanner:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:16:21 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:43:16 GMT,
said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Nice that they want you to be professional _sounding_, but
real professionals would clear up this "my way" childishness to avoid
confusion or disaster in a real emergency where multiple agencies were
thrown together.

And you've been a professional dispatcher for how long?

A rescue team with each member speaking his own language is a
disaster in waiting.. Or did your people learn nothing from the
screwed-up comms on 9/11.

You quite obviously know nothing about the situation in NYC. But
you've evaded the question yet again - HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A
PROFESSIONAL DISPATCHER?

You won't answer that one, will you? Because you aren't one - you
just know how to make things up and hope they sound good to people who
don't know the actual situation. Surprise! You've been found out.

No, I've found out that the alleged professionals can't
coordinate a toilet seat and its lid.

And those who think that failure to standardize on a single
protocol (the name of the thread, right?) are failing in their
responsibilities.