Old October 4th 05, 01:43 AM
Al Klein

Default am/narrow-fm/wide-fm/lsb/usb what else?

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:28:37 GMT, Korbin Dallas
said in rec.radio.scanner:

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:49:28 -0400, Al Klein wrote:
Again - what's the physical layer? Id the frequency of the carrier
changed? The amplitude? The phase? Some other characteristic of it?
The OP wasn't asking about the logical layer (which is where C4FM
sits), he was asking about the physical layer.

Gee I don't know, Since it has FM in the NAME maybe its FM.
Or perhaps you prefer the Emission designator of 8K10F1E.

Point, head, whoosh.

I always thought Modulation and Channel access methods are typically
placed at layer 1.

Modulation is layer 1. "Channel access"? Wazzat? PL?