Old October 6th 05, 06:34 PM
mikeFNB

Default Antenna Length Formula

if it's for RX the imp matters not

mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
2808 divided by the frequency in MHz will give
the length in inches for a 1/4 whip. Roughly
17.5 inches. Times 4 will give you a full wave.

Can't understand why you would want a full wave
whip. The impedence would be very high and
would not match a scanner or two way radio. 1/4,
5/8, or 3/4 in much easier to match.

Jim, K5DIE/9

Al wrote:
(Don Forsling) wrote in
:

Folks, I'm old, I'm tired, and I'm lazy. I'm also forgetful.

Would someone kindly provide the formula for deterring the length of a
full-wave antenna for a given frequency ( a full-wave whip comes to
mind)? Then, I can do the math. Better yet, I'll give you the frequency
and _you_ can do the math. It's 160.890 mHz.

I will never ask this question again. Sorry. Thanks, etc.

Best,

Once upon a time when I was taught physics, I was told that full wave
lenght should be
calculated by dividing the speed of a light (299820km/s) with the
frequency(in MHz)/1000,
so for full wave dipole it should be 299820*160.89/1000=1.864m, for
half-wave dipole
divide the result by two.

Albert